Monday, March 2, 2009

New Believer #2

New Believer #2


Alright, get ready for this one....this girl totally blows my mind. She has been saved for a little over a month now and it has been completely amazing to watch her grow more and more every week!

Where she was raised, in Germany, you were to be baptized as a baby, but her parents refused to do that so that she could make her own choice in due time. At the age of 9 she decided that it was time for her. "No one ever forced me. It was my own decision," she said. After some time though, it got less important for her. When she came over here, her host mother went to church but she didn't like it, so she never went after that, just as she did back in Germany. When she received a new host family, she began to go every Sunday with them. "Although I was often found complaining because I had to get up so early on a Sunday morning, I started to like it and it grew more important to me." For Christmas her host family gave her her own Bible. She began to read it and grew closer to God. Her host family here was who helped her make the commitment to follow Christ. "They showed me how much God loves me no matter what I have done before. His love is amazing and it makes me feel safe. That's what I needed." The best part of becoming a Christian for her is the fact that she feels safe. "I know He loves me and will protect me no matter what happens. Reading the Bible helps me a lot with my daily challenges. It helps me to know Christ and He helps me to get over my problems. I'm not afraid of challenges any longer for I know there is a reason and I can get over them and grow from them." Her advice to us is this: "It's important to make the first step to them and offer your them your help. But also leave them on their own with their thoughts sometimes. I think some things about your relationship to God you have to figure out on your own. But it is also important to be sure of a person you can always ask about Christ. It's kind of a mix between building a relationship on one's own and getting help. That was at least my way to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment