Thursday, March 26, 2009

Guest Speaker: Jason Lamar

Jason is just an amazing guy all around. He is very humble and passionate and I can't help but get stirred up and more passionate for the youth when I'm around him. There is something so real that he brings to the table when he speaks. He doesn't try to fluff things up and he doesn't over-complicate things. I've seen evangelists get all preachy, pushy, and over-spiritual (like they spoke in terms that only people who were raised up in a church environment could understand). Jason doesn't do this. He is very simple in his speech and is able to reach the youth in a way that relates to them. I absolutely love the way he instills his 777 (follow-up technique) to the churches who are working with him. Follow up has always been a big thing to me. It shows the people you are reaching that you care and that you aren't just fooling around. It's very critical because you want to make sure that they get connected and don't get lost in all the emotion. A lot of times Satan will try to steal them right after this experience and so it's important to be there for them and really get them connected into the family. Jason has a good system going for him and I've been on several 7 Projects myself. It is an amazing ministry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment