Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jan Workman

Guest Speaker: Jan Workman


Wow! This one had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It blows my mind hearing that Jan uses kids to minister to kids. Yeah, it sounds like common sense, but I never took time to think about it. It's incredible to hear that she uses these kids in different teams such as drama, worship, puppets, face painting...etc. I think this concept is crucial and is a good lesson to learn. Once you give a person a job, a place for them to shine and feel a part of, they will want to come and will also invite others to come. Everyone wants to feel needed; be a part of something...even kids do. I believe we underestimate the power of kids. We forget they have an amazing potential to be leaders even at their age. On Sunday morning I actually tried it out with the Explorers class. I played a game, had an object lesson, and then learned how we could apply it to our lives. It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment